AMV was adapted from the popular AVI multimedia container. As AVI, AMV format can group audio and video data together in a single file. But AMV files are significantly smaller than AVIs. AMV is also dwarfed by other video compression formats such as FLV, MP4 and WMV. Since all these video files are encoded digitally as files can be UU AMV. The free web application can convert media formats convert major video compression as FLV, MP4, AVI and WMV to AMV files. There are also several programs that can format a video file as an AMV. See the link of Tanbee Video to AMV Converter can handle larger video files, all in FLV, MP4, AVI or WMV included. AMV Studio is a free alternative that can also export files of various types AMV video. Support AMV Studio is more limited because it cannot generate the format FLV or MP4 files.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Things you’ll need
- Internet browser
- Internet Connectivity
Convert to AMV with Media Convert
- Open your browser and access media on the Internet translates (see link in the Resources section).
- Load the video file. Select the “Local File Conversion”. Since it is the first one listed will probably be preselected. In the “File”, click the “Browse” button. Navigate to the saved location of the FLV, MP4, AVI or WMV and double-click the file name. Load in the Web application. Choose appropriate “input format” file in the dropdown menu.
- Set the “output format” of your video file. Send “No Video Preset” selected in the first dropdown menu. Select “AMV Video format (. Amv)” in the second drop down. I accept the terms and click “OK”. The file is uploaded to the service and start the conversion process.
- Download the converted file to AMV. It will display a confirmation message when you convert the file, and you will be redirected to a page to download the final product. Click the AMV file name and follow the instructions in the window “File Download”. Once it is saved to your preferred location, AMV file is ready to use.
Convert to AMV with Tanbee Video to AMV Converter
- Download and install Tanbee Video to AMV Converter. It can be purchased for unlimited use after a free trial period (see link in the Resources section).
- Load the video file. Click the “Add” button on the welcome screen of the program. In the “Open”, navigate to the desired video file. Double-click the file name will appear in the program interface.
- Covert your video files to AMV format. Open the drop-down menu “Profile” and select the “AMV – Advanced Media Video (*. Amv)”. Click the folder icon in the field of “Output” to specify where you want your converted file saved AMV. Press the “Start”. The window “Conversion” displays a confirmation message when the file is converted.
Convert to AMV with AMV Studio
- Download and install Studio AMV (see link in the Resources section).
- Start screening AMV. Click on the tab “Convert” and the screen “AMV Converter Studio”. Click the icon of “Input File” and scroll to AVI or WMV file in the “Open”. Double-click the file name and load into the program.
- Convert AVI or WMV to AMV file. Click the icon next to the field “Output File” and set the save location of your file converted AMV. Click the gear button in the “Data Output” and click “OK” in the window “Property value”. Begin the process of file conversion. When transcoding status bar reaches 100 percent your AMV video is ready to use.